The Boone County Health Department proudly strives to protect and promote the health of all residents and visitors of Boone County in accordance to the Indiana Local Health Departments outline of powers and duties.
Services & Resources
Outreach is an activity of providing services to populations who might not otherwise have access to those services. A key component of outreach is that the groups providing it are not stationary, but mobile; in other words they are meeting those in need of outreach services at the locations where those in need are. The Boone County Health Department strives to provide outreach services through traditional and innovative programs. For example, the Boone County Health Department serves as the Lead Agency for Tobacco Free Boone County, the Boone County Medical Reserve Corp, and the Boone County Healthy Coalition.
Latest Community Resource Guide
Want to add your organization to the guide?
Additions to Boone County Resource Guide Request Form
Interested in receiving a hard copy?
Please, submit forms to:
Our Health Department follows the framework for the responsibilities of local public health systems set forth by the National Public Health Performance Standard Program using the 10 essential services:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Connect people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure a competent public health and personal health-care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
Our Office Hours
Boone County Office Building
116 W. Washington St., Suite B202
Lebanon, IN 46052
Lisa Younts, RN
Nursing & Vital Records Director
Looking for Someone?
Visit our office directory.
Meetings & Events
Visit our calendar and read previous