Prosecutor’s Office

Home » Offices » Prosecutor » Child Support Enforcement

Child Support Enforcement

General Information:  

The Child Support Division of the Boone County Prosecutor’s Office establishes and enforces child support orders for custodians of minor children. It also establishes paternity for minor children whose parents are not married to each other at the time of the birth. The Child Support Office has no jurisdiction in matters of visitation and custody. A private attorney must be contacted to assist with those issues. The Boone County Child Support Office has a caseload of over 2000 files and on average collects over $2,000,000 per year in child support payments from non-custodial parents. Helpful information about our program follows:


  • Establishment of a “new” child support order for the custodian of a child.
  • Enforcement of an “existing” child support order.
  • Establishment of the paternity of a child and obtaining a child support order and birth record change showing the father’s name on the birth certificate.
  • Enforcement of child support order through registration of an out of state order or through a UIFSA Interstate action for enforcement in the State the payor lives.
  • Certification of arrears amounts for tax intercept of payor’s IRS refunds.
  • Interception of Lottery winnings up to the amount of child support arrears.
  • Driver’s license and professional license suspension of payors who have arrears over $2,000.00 or arrears which are the equivalent of three months of child support.
  • Modification of child support orders and administrative review of child support orders to determine if modification is appropriate.
  • Income Withholding (garnishment) Orders.
  • Location of non-custodial parents through “Parent Locate Service.”

Children need both of their parents in their lives whenever possible! Love your children and be a responsible parent!

For additional information regarding Child Support, please visit

Our Staff:

  • IV-D Deputy Prosecutor: Jennifer Stogsdill
  • Child Support Director: Mary Meyer
  • Child Support Director: Deidre Adams
  • Child Support Director: Jenna Crick

Contact Info:

Office of the Prosecuting Attorney
20th Judicial Circuit
Boone County, Indiana

Telephone: (765) 483-4485
Facsimile: (765) 485-2603
E-mail: [email protected]

We regret that we cannot take walk-in appointments.  Please call the above number to receive an information packet on opening a child support case. You must have an appointment to speak with your caseworker, so that she can be better prepared to serve your needs.

FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What is the other name I keep hearing for the child support division?

The child support division is also called the IV-D Office, because the rules and regulations governing the office were enacted by Congress and are incorporated in Title IV-D of the Social Security Act.

Q2. How can I start using the Prosecutor's Office to get my child support?

Any custodial parent who is receiving TANF benefits (formerly AFDC payments) from the State of Indiana has assigned their child support rights to the State of Indiana, and must cooperate in trying to establish, enforce or modify a child support order for their children. The child support payments in these cases reimburse the State for benefits received by the children. The parent will receive letters and notifications from the child support division concerning their case, and will have to make an appointment to discuss their case. When the custodial parent is no longer receiving TANF benefits, the child support amount for current child support will be directed to him/her by the State Child Support Bureau, and any payment on arrears will be kept by the State until the State’s arrears are reimbursed also.

If a custodial parent is not receiving TANF benefits from the State of Indiana, they can contact the prosecutor’s office by phone and request that an application for IV-D services be sent to them.  After the application is completed, an appointment may be made by calling our office. The application is to be brought in at the appointment time, along with any required application fee. Copies of existing court orders and any pertinent facts about the case should also be returned with the application.


Q3. How long does it take for my child support to start coming?

There is no specific time frame within which the IV-D office will be successful in collecting child support for you. It depends on the circumstances of the non-custodial parent and the information that you are able to provide for the office. If you know of an employer, and there is an existing child support order, it can be a fairly quick process, even as quickly as 30 days. If you have very little information about the non-custodial parent, we may never be able to locate or enforce your order. We need as much information as possible, including address, social security number, and identifiers, such as height, weight, hair color, eye color, date of birth, and picture (if possible).

Also, if the non-custodian has other children, we need to know their approximate ages and whether or not there is a child support order for those children.


Q4. What can I do if I want to stop using IV-D services?

You can stop by the office and sign a document that will be sent to the State Child Support Bureau. The Prosecutor’s Office will discontinue enforcement of your case. If you need future enforcement of your child support order, you will have to use a private attorney, or reapply for IV-D services. Any payments of child support made through the Boone County Clerk will then come directly to you, but all IV-D services stop, including the tax intercept certification.

Q5. The non-custodial parent of my child(ren) works for cash and has never held a job for over 3 months. He has never paid a cent on his child support order. Can you help me get child support from him?

It is difficult to track down and enforce against such an irresponsible parent. However, it is not impossible. We use all means possible to get that person into court on a contempt citation. The courts can punish a payor for contempt in various ways, including incarceration. When punishments are ordered, we often see the payor change his attitude. They may even start taking a greater interest in their child(ren) when they accept the responsibility for assisting with their support.

Q6. Do I have to let the non-custodian of my child(ren) have visitation when child support is never paid?

Yes, visitation is an entirely different issue than child support. A non-custodial parent can file a contempt citation for refusal of the custodian to permit or arrange visitation, just like a custodial parent can file a contempt citation for non-payment of child support. If you have a good reason for not wanting visitation to occur, you should talk to a private attorney about filing a motion to modify the visitation order.

Services & Resources


Our Office Hours

Mon-Fri  8am-4pm


220 West Washington St.

Lebanon, IN 46052


Kent Eastwood



Phone: 765-483-4485

Fax: 765-483-4491

Boone County Government. All Rights Reserved.