Welcome to the Boone County Health Department
|Brett Peppin, Director
||Lisa Younts, RN, Director
|Environmental Health Division
||Nursing & Vital Records Division
|Boone County Office Building
||Boone County Office Building
|Suite 201 (Front Entrance)
||Suite 202 (Rear Entrance)
|765-483-4458 Fax 765-483-5243
||765-482-3942 Fax 483-4450
The Boone County Health Department strives to protect and promote the health of all residents and visitors of Boone County.
Indiana Code (IC 16-20) outlines powers and duties of Indiana Local Health Departments http://www.in.gov/isdh/24832.htm.
Our Health Department follows the framework for the responsibilities of local public health systems set forth by the National Public Health Performance Standard Program using the 10 essential services:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems;
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community;
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues;
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems;
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts;
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety;
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable;
- Assure a competent public health and personal health-care workforce;
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services; and
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Be sure to visit “Public Health News” for up-to-date information on trending topics.