Superior Court II
Communicating with the Court
We will do our very best to provide you with quality and efficient service. However, there are a few rules that you need to keep in mind.
- The staff cannot give you legal advice. You will have to ask your lawyer for legal advice.
- The staff may not be able to answer all of your questions. Despite our best efforts, the staff may not know the answers to your questions. Your questions, although not soliciting legal advice, still might better be answered by your lawyer. When asking questions about a court date or about a particular file, please have the cause number available. This will speed up your response and our staff will spend less time away from their other very important tasks.
- The Judge cannot give you legal advice. Although he is an attorney, he is prevented by law from giving legal advice. Furthermore, he should not talk to you without the other side being present or without their consent.
- Many times, when you have a question, you will be asked to write down your concerns (write a letter) and send them to the court and we will share them with the opposing side and the Judge may or may not be able to respond.
- Other than routine, simple questions concerning the time and date of a hearing and other general information questions, your time may be better spent and you will receive more timely information if you would contact your attorney directly and not the court.
Services & Resources
Our Office Hours
Boone County Courthouse
112 Courthouse Square
Lebanon, IN 46052
Judge Bruce Petit
Superior Court II Judge
Looking for Someone?
Visit our office directory.