Adult Probation

Home » Offices » Adult Probation

Probation is an alternative to serving an executed sentence in jail or prison for a criminal conviction.  Each Offender placed on probation has been given written terms of their supervision, prepared by the sentencing Judge.

Services & Resources

Fees & Payments

Fines and Court Costs , restitution and pauper attorney fees must be paid to the Clerk’s Office.  These payments must be in the form of cash or money order.  The money order must be made out to the Boone County Clerk and must include your name and cause number. Be aware of the amount of time you are given to pay this off.  If it is not paid within this time you will be assessed a late fee.

Probation user fees and drug screens are paid in the Probation Department.  Payment can be mailed, paid in person or on line at


General Probation Information

Q: Do you need to speak with your Probation Officer?

Call the office anytime during office hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. All county holidays are observed.

Q: Have you been placed on probation?

What it means: For the time stated by the Judge you must abide by all the terms listed for you.  If you fail to comply with any of the signed, written terms of Probation, the Court will be notified and your Probation may be revoked.  If you choose to violate a term of your Probation, you could serve all or part of your suspended sentence or have your Probation extended.

Q: Have you been arrested or charged with a new offense?

If you have been arrested or charged with a new offense during your term of probation you must inform your Probation Officer within 48 hours unless jailed; and then within 48 hours of your release from jail.

Guidelines for Successful Completion of Probation

  • Obey all the laws of City, State and Federal Government
  • Maintain monthly contact as directed by your Probation Officer
  • Maintain gainful employment
  • Notify your Probation Officer of any change in employment or residence
  • Pay all fees ordered by the Court
  • Complete all recommended programs and provide verification of completion to your probation officer.

You will not be released from Probation until all terms are satisfied, including your financial obligations.  If you failed to make monthly payments toward the fees, you may be returned to Court.

About Us

Probation is an alternative to serving an executed sentence in jail or prison for a criminal conviction.  Each Offender placed on probation has been given written terms of their supervision, prepared by the sentencing Judge.

Mission Statement

The Boone County Probation Department mission is to increase public safety by providing a cost effective community-based supervision of offenders in combination with effective evaluation and providing evidence-based programs in order to motivate adult and juvenile offenders towards positive citizenship.

Vision Statement

Boone County Probation Department will be a leader in effective supervision and successful rehabilitation of offenders and will be recognized for the passion of its staff and partners by providing innovative technology and programs while improving public safety.

FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?

We are on the second floor of the Key Bank Building in downtown Lebanon.

How much do I owe the Court?

Court ordered fees are listed by case number at

How can I pay my probation fees?

You can pay probation fees in person by cash, check or money order.  They can also be paid on line with a credit card at

What happens when/if I violate my probation?

The Court can choose from a variety of sanctions for violating probation.  It is in your best interest to continue reporting to probation while a violation is pending. You are entitled to have an attorney but it is not required.  The Court can return you to probation, modify your terms of probation, have you serve your suspended sentence, a combination of all three, or nothing at all.

Can I transfer my probation to another County?

Most likely, yes.  Receiving counties are required to accept the transfer if you are a resident of the county.  Receiving counties may accept a transfer if you have employment or school in that county but they are not required to do so.

Can I transfer my probation to another State?

Transferring your probation to another state has numerous stipulations that can be viewed at

If you believe you are eligible for an interstate transfer, please bring $125 to the probation department at the time of sentencing so that your request can be processed.  We are unable to submit any applications for transfer without this payment.

How can I find a support group to attend in Boone County?

The community calendar of the local paper will provide the daily listing.  On line at or (this link to our list)

How do I register for the next Victim Impact Panel provided by Mother's Against Drunk Driving

You can email [email protected] to register.  

Can I travel out of State while on probation?

If you are on probation for a misdemeanor, your probation can grant that permission.  Please complete the attached form to request the travel (misdemeanor form)  If you are on probation for a felony, only the Court can grant permission to travel.  Please complete this form or have your attorney petition the Court (felony form)

Where can I complete Court ordered community service work?

You may choose any non-profit organization.   If you are unsure what is eligible, please ask your probation officer.  Some examples are: church, school, library, fire department, goodwill, humane society, etc.

Our Office Hours

Mon-Fri  8am-4pm


127 West Main Street

Suite 200

Lebanon, IN 46052


Steve Owens

Chief Probation Officer


Phone: 765-482-6505

Fax: 765-483-4414

[email protected]

Looking for Someone?

Visit our office directory.

Boone County Government. All Rights Reserved.