How to become a Volunteer
Thank you for thinking about volunteering. Anyone thinking about volunteering should have the following skills:
- The CASA Volunteer should have the following skills:
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass screening requirements which include:
- Written application
- Personal interview
- Limited criminal history check
- Driving record check
- Limited welfare check
- Sex offenders registry check
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours, National GAL/CASA curriculum training.
- Have the ability to communicate with others effectively.
- Have the ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- Have a commitment to GAL/CASA’s mission, goals, and Code of Ethics.
- To get more information about becoming a volunteer please call the GAL/ CASA office at (765) 483- 5252 or email Rebekah McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org